This post may contain affiliate links.
1. Go to Home Depot or your nearest handy man type store
2. Walk to the part of the store that houses either the Outdoor rugs (currently on clearance) or the store’s bulk high traffic carpet rolls.
3. Find your cheapie basic of choice. Mine was right next to the fake grass stuff (that’s right, fake astro turf people roll out in front of their camping trailers) and the charcoal grey stuff that lines the hallways of a high school near you, and it was the only taupe-y option. For those of you that live in newer homes and are lucky enough to bask in whites and greys… you’re in. There are a billion grey options for you out there. Just another reason that you’re livin’ large. KIDDING.
4. Buy some blue painters tape and some spray paint (You’re looking for Paint AND Primer in one can with a flat finish) OR use the stock you have at home.
5. Laugh at your bad a$$ thrifty self for your latest chic on a shoestring project in the making.
To read more from Ashley & Amber visit their blog:
Or follow along on Instagram at:
This is where we blog about nothing and everything in guaranteed “real talk” and experience the occasional crafty moment in between.