This post may contain affiliate links.
Recently I created my “dream board” as I like to call it. Now it’s not your typical dream board, not the one you’re probably thinking of anyways. It doesn’t have magazine cut out pictures glued to it with all my hopes and dreams. In fact, it’s totally the opposite. It’s a calendar-the biggest, best, calendar you’ve ever seen and I’m totally obsessed!
I don’t usually do DIY’s, but because I know that this will probably be a hit (because who doesn’t need a HUGE calendar?!), I’m sharing it! I looked everywhere for this and couldn’t find it, so instead I teamed up with Sherwin-Williams and their white board paint and I made it happen on my own.
Side note: I’m an organized freak, although my life is really a giant hot mess, I have to write things down. If it’s not on my calendar you better believe it sure as heck ain’t happening, so this is what keeps my chaotic life a little less chaotic.
FIRST, THE CALENDAR:
Second, let’s chat about how I made this!
1. Go out and hit your local thrift store, find the biggest picture frame you can (make sure it has the glass), for the lowest price and run to the check out counter!
2. Take that bad boy home and get to painting. If you couldn’t tell, I’m clearly OBSESSED with white, so mine is white everywhere. You can obviously paint the frame a different color, however I do suggest that you paint the glass white since you’ll be writing on that part.
3. Probably do a couple coats of white on the glass so that you have a smooth, white finish.
4. Use a permanent marker and a ruler and draw your calendar lines on! You can also add anything else you want to be permanent. For example I wrote the word, “MONTH” in permanent marker.
5. Grab the Sherwin-Williams Sketch Pad™ kit and follow the instructions there to get the actual white board finish.
6. Pick up a colorful pack of dry erase markers and let the scheduling heaven begin!!
–––MY FAVORITE ORGANIZATION ITEMS–––