This post may contain affiliate links.
Y’all have been asking, so guess what, here I am with our first braid tutorial and y’all I am SO excited. Seriously–like I’m probably going to force you into watching more and more of these every month. Oops. I’m starting with my favorite braid and my go to lately because it keeps my hair out of my face (baby girl loves to pull my hair…) but is cute while up!
1. Start by first “dirtying your hair up”. I spray dry shampoo and hairspray throughout and mess it up with my fingers a little to give it some volume. Then you’re going to split your hair into two sections down the middle and rope braid each side. If you’re new to rope braiding (it’s easy y’all and here’s a great how to video)
2. Rope braid as far down as possible because in the long run it’s going to help hide the ends a lot better!
4. Wrap one side around the back of your head (keeping it low to the bottom of your head) and bobby pin throughout. I bobby pin once in the back, once on the side above my ear and then once at the top. The ends of the braid get tucked underneath the other side’s braid and bobby pinned under as well so no one can see!
5. Repeat and do the same to the other side.
6. Again, repeat the three bobby pins (or as many as needed) just keep them hidden within the braid. Tuck the end of the braid underneath the other side and pin again.
7. Don’t be afraid to go a little crazy with the hairspray.
8. Finally, pull the braid out a little and loosen it with your fingers. It’s mean to have a little bit of a messy look and loosening it up is what creates the look of “one” overall braid.
9. ALL DONE. 🙂 Hair Spray again!