This post may contain affiliate links.
I’m back and with another hair tutorial because y’all they’re WAY too fun! Many of you have asked about this fishtail pigtail tutorial because well, I wear my hair like this OFTEN. It’s a great beginner braid and perfect for an on the go or dressy look. I love them because it’s simple, quick and keeps my hair out of my face!
Here’s the step by step instructions:
1. Start by brushing your hair and then spraying dry shampoo and hairspray throughout it to “dirty” it up.
2. Split your hair in two pieces down the middle (or on the side if you prefer a side part). Remember to leave out bangs if you want bangs out.
3. Take your first side and split it into two sections, as pictured.
4. Grab a small piece from one side and cross it over to the other, repeat on the opposite side. Make sure you pull this top part tight otherwise it will fall out easily.
5. Continue this down your enter braid and repeat on the opposite side.
6. Once you’ve got both braids in and secured, spray the heck out of them with hairspray and let it dry.
7. Once it’s dry, here’s where the fun, messy part comes in! Pull out the braids a little bit to loosen them up and give them that messy, bulky look.
8. Spray again with hair spray and then throw yourself a mirror dance party.
Favorite products for this hairstyle: