This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer is here y’all! It’s been a solid 75 degrees or higher for the past several weeks and I figured it was about time that I shared a summer post. As much as I don’t want Blake to grow up, I’m actually really excited for this summer because she’s a little older and we can do a lot more! So today I’m sharing 10 things to do with your babe under two this summer.
- A water table. Blake LOVES playing in her water table! Plus it’s in the convenience of your own yard, which means you can sit on the patio, watch your babe and relax a little (or work like in my case 😉 ) In fact, I’m literally writing this while I watch her play in her water table. Here are a few of our favs:
- A Munchkin Duck Tub. We use this for outback actually as a little pool and Blake loves it! It’s small enough for her to climb in and out of and she has a blast! Grab one, here.
- Picnic at the park. It’s the perfect time go to the park! Grab your favorite snacks, pack up the stroller and head on out. Here are a few of our favorite picnic items:
- Ice cube water colors. Freeze water and food coloring to make fun little ice cubes they can color with! Plus, they’re edible–so you don’t have to worry about that. Bring some paper outside and let them go to town.
- Splash Park. We are all about the splash park right now! Blake drawls around to all the different water toys and LOVES it. Make sure you dress for the occasion though too because you’re bound to get wet 😉
- Little Tykes slide. This was probably the best birthday purchase ever for baby girl. We can make our own little water park in the backyard with it, the hose and her pool or she can just slide down it for hours in the backyard.
- Sandbox. We actually bought a square planter box and transformed it into a sandbox. It looks nicer in my backyard, has a little ledge to sit on and she has a blast in it. Shop our favorite sandbox items below:
- Popsicles. I mean, most of our babes are at the perfect age to eat Popsicles! Plus, it’s summer time which means you can strip them down to just a diaper and let them have at it! We usually hook up our Portable Munchkin highchair seat to one of the outdoor chairs and let her chow down!
- The Lake (or ocean). Who doesn’t love going to the lake?! Obviously this one is a little more difficult with babes under 2 because well, they can’t swim yet 😉 BUT, as long as there is a beach part–you can make it a blast. Build sandcastle, show them what it’s like to put their hands through the sand and help them dip their toes in the water.
- The Zoo. Your town most likely has a zoo or some sort of Wildlife park, so take advantage of it this year! We just got a Zoo pass and I can’t wait to take Blake a whole bunch of times! She yells back at the monkeys and LOVES watching the giraffes move around.
What are your favorite summer activities? What did I miss?! I mean, I am a newbie…so I need all the tips and tricks I can get 😉
Shop more of our favorite summer items below..
A big thanks to Munchkin for the fun products for our video.
Video shot by Rachael Burnham Films
Leave a Reply