This post may contain affiliate links.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScotchBriteSponges #CollectiveBias
Can I let y’all in on a secret obsession I might have? Using sponges. Literally, I’m not even kidding. I love scrubbing down my counters, dishes, whatever. It’s just kind of therapeutic to me…so there’s that 😉 However, Scotch-Brite™ Brand sponges can be used for a whole bunch of things other than just scrubbing dishes! Though they are pretty great for that too. I use both the Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges and Non-Scratch Scrub ones! The Heavy Duty ones are great for my pots and pans and the non-scratch and gentle, yet tough enough to clean my counters. It’s really the best of both worlds.
Now, let’s get into the really fun stuff. 10 ways you can use your Scotch-Brite Brand sponges that you probably haven’t thought of before!
- Bubble Dishes party. As you can see pictured, sponges can make for a really fun time! They make great hands on activities for your curious babes. Fill the sink with bubbles on one side, give them a couple of sponges (I recommend the non-scratch ones) and have the ultimate bubble party! On the other side you can wash dishes and clean! Then use the same sponges to clean up afterwards.
- Plant seeds. Plant seeds in a damp sponge and place it in a clear covered container!! Once they’ve grown a little bit, you can transfer them to soil!
- Make an ice pack! Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponges actually make for the perfect ice packs. Get them just a little bit damp and throw them in the freezer! Next time someone has a “boo boo” pull it out and you’re ready to go!
- Nail polish remover. Sponges are bendy which makes this even more perfect! Grab a glass mason jar, put the sponge inside wrapping the inside and then pour nail polish remover inside. There should be a perfect opening in the middle of the sponge to stick each finger and remove the nail polish!
- Kid’s fun. Like I said with number one, a bubble party! However, sponges can be used for all sorts of fun! You can cut the Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges into strips and play a fun game of Jenga or cut them into shapes and use them as stencils with paint and paper!
- Soap holder. A sponge makes the best soap holder because it keeps it in place and from slipping and sliding everywhere!
- Pin cushion. Sponges are the perfect pin cushion! Use it for sewing, crafting, whatever!
- Painting! You can creat stencils as I briefly mentioned above, but even without a stencil the pattern on sponges creates a gorgeous finished look on any wall. Just pour paint on a plate, dip and lightly press on the surface you’re painting! You can even make a cool brick effect.
- Licking envelopes. I mean, what’s better than skipping over the taste of licking 200 envelopes? Exactly, get a sponge damp and and use it instead!
- Knee pads. This one might sound silly, but after kneeling and working in the yard for 2 hours you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about! Lean on a couple of sponges and they’ll feel much better! 🙂
Is your mind totally blown?! You’re welcome!
Scotch-Brite Brand does it right in the sponge department and makes the right tools for every surface. Did you know that the Heavy-Duty Scrub Sponge (the green and yellow ones) can remove baked on messes 50% faster than others. Their Non-Scratch Scrub Sponges (the blues ones) are just as great too, they just do the job without scratching! You can get them both and their heavy duty soap dispenser at Target. They often have a great selection of Scotch-Brite Brand products. Currently there aren’t any coupons, but they have them often–so watch your Cartwheel app! And if you don’t have the Cartwheel app, please stop what you’re doing and download that now! Your life will change. 😉 Or you’ll spend all the money, yep, probably that one. #targetcurse
Seriously though, did I miss one?! Because this sponge obsessed Mama needs all the tips and tricks of what to use them for!
Now, can we just look at more of these pictures from our bubble play date because I’m dying of all the cuteness. Seriously it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time and it made my heart so happy.