This post may contain affiliate links.
Raise your hand if you’re a Mom? Raise your hand if you just like five minute hair? Great, you’re in the right place. I’m sharing three easy hair tutorials that one you have them down, they’ll take 5 minutes or less in the morning. WHICH means, ten more minutes to eat all the donuts before the day starts. 😉 You’re welcome.
Tutorial #1: The Milkmaid Braids
- Split hair evenly into two sections, then dutch braid (or inside out braid) each side to make two braids. Braid them as much as possible, leaving a tiny tail.
- Pull braids out to give it a messy look, then hairspray.
- Wrap one braid tightly across from one side, over your head to the other ear while bobby pinning tightly as you move along.
- Do the same to the second braid. Then hairspray.
- Pull braids loose once set in place with bobby pins to give it more of a “messy” look.
- Hairspray and then throw a dance party because you did it!
Tutorial #2: The Tucked French Braid
- Brush all hair back and start an inside out french braid from either the right or left side (depending on your part). You want this braid to start at an angle and then straighten out down the middle of the back of your head.
- French braid as normal until you’ve completely braided your hair, leave a small tail and then rubber band.
- Pull braid out to create a “looser” look.
- Take the tail of the braid and roll it around your fingers once, creating a tucked look, then bobby pin accordingly to your head.
- Once you have the tucked end securely fastened in, make sure the rubber band is hiding underneath, then pull braid carefully to “loosen” it up and create more of a care free style.
- Hairspray and party!
Tutorial #3: The Rubber Band Side Braid
- Brush hair down and part on your normal side. Then pull out a 3″ side section of hair as if you’re going to side braid and rubber band the rest back so you don’t grab it by accident.
- Take a small half inch section and loosely place in a small clear rubber band.
- Then split that section in half above the rubber band and pull that same piece of hair through. Tighten the rubber band.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 down that entire section of hair until you finish with the strand.
- I recommend bobby pinning it in place so that it stays close to your head, giving it a more finished look.
- Tease the back of your hair and brush it down.
- Hairspray and wink at yourself in the mirror because DANG girlll-you look good. 😉
Shop my favorite hair products for these looks here: