This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #CatchMoreData #Ghostbusters #CollectiveBias
All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/5jo2h or your local Walmart for current pricing.
I literally look forward to Halloween, every single year. I’m like a total kid inside and it’s totally fine. Like, when this Halloween is over I will be planning what I’m going to do next year. I get all into the family costumes, pull out the best decorations and think of as many Halloween related crafts as I possibly can. We watch Ghostbusters as a family and eat all the popcorn and yummy Halloween related treats and it’s just the best. And by “as a family”, I mean, Blake plays in the dog bowls/runs around/pulls everything out of all the drawers while Marcus and I watch. 😉 Obviously–because well, Mom life. It’s actually pretty cool because right now with the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan (Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE), you get one free movie a month from VUDU and for only $49.88 a line. Pretty great, right? I’m excited to do this for family movie nights every month! We watched Ghostbusters to kick the first month off and even got to have fun with the Virtual Reality Experience as part of their current promo with Sony (through 10/31, activate a line and you get a free download). I’ve included directions below on how to grab that!
So, since I’m so Halloween obsessed, I am so friggin’ excited to show my latest Halloween craft creation right here, right now. Think quiet book on Halloween steroids and well–there you have it. 😉
Impressed? Because well, I sure as heck am. I’m actually just impressed I was able to finish a craft project with a 16 month old and full time job. So if you could just give me a round of applause, that would be great. Now, I’ve got step by step instructions for you so you can make your own! It’s honestly, super easy and doesn’t require sewing of any kind.
Felt (colors of your choice) (minimum of 5 colors for pages)
wide popsicle sticks
black permanent marker
- Choose a color for your felt book pages and cute each felt piece in half
- This is where your creativity comes into play. You can totally do what I did on each page or you can get creative and think of your own fun ideas.
- Page 1: Make a fun ghostly landscape (grass, tombstones, a moon), then cut out your ghosts and glue on googly eyes. Once those are done, add velcro to the back of the ghosts and the page where you want them to stick. This way your littles can take them on and off and play with that page.
- Page 2: Cut out a small rectangle, the same width as the page and make glued sections (while leaving the top open so you can slide the popsicle sticks in). Next, glue googly eyes and bows/bowties on the top of the popsicle sticks to create “Popsicle Ghosts”. Then slide into each section for safe keeping until it’s time to play.
- Page 3: Free hand cut a giant ghost that covers almost the entire page. I recommend free handing it because it looks more ghostly this way. Then glue on googly eyes and glue it to the page. Next hook key rings together to create a necklace, then glue onto each side to create a necklace on your ghost!
- Page 4: Cut a piece of felt the same the same length as the pages and about half an inch shorter in width as the page. Then glue the outer edges (NOT the middle). Once those are dry and secure, add in the zipper. Glue the top and bottom part of the zipper and then the felt to the top. Make sure you leave under the zipper open so you can slide things in there like a pocket! Put fun animals or other surprises inside!
- Page 5: Cut a rectangle of felt, then cut in half (to create doors) and glue the far sides down to the page. Then make a small “latch”, glue one side to a door and add velcro to the other so you can open and close it. Create monster finger puppets! These are easy and you can have creative freedom with them, just make sure to make them big enough for your fingers and to leave the bottom unglued.
- Page 6: Grab a rectangle of green felt or foam paper and use it as the head, glue it directly down. Then cut out all of the facial features and add velcro to the back of them and where they go on the face. This way your little one can take them on and off and make funny faces!
- Add as many fun pages as you want, but those are a couple of ideas. Once you’re done hole punch three holes in the left side, then put on the binder rings!
Now, go make some popcorn, put your PJs on and grab your family so you can watch The New Ghostbusters! It’s available on Blu Ray, DVD and 4K Ultra HD and you can grab the extended version with over 15 minutes of extra footage and 3 hours of hilarious extras. Watch the trailer, here. Then make sure you grab a phone with Walmart Family Mobile, so you can get your free VUDU rental a month (which is perfect to watch on your big screen TV). We have the LG K7, it was only $49.88 (Rollback from $89.88) and it’s so fun, Blake loves watching videos on it. 😉 You just purchase it with the Nano Starter kit for $19.88 on rollback and you’re ready to rock n’ roll! We’ve pretty much made it her phone. When you hit a Walmart Family Mobile Event in store, you can find details on the plan, the Ghostbusters Virtual Reality Experience and a plastic 3D hologram. Just visit the hub to find out when there will be one at your local store!
Virtual Reality Download Directions:
- Demos at Walmart Store/User purchases Walmart Family Mobile product and gets code
- Visit GhostbustersVR.com
- Register and Redeem code
- Download app from Apple Store or Google Play, then have fun!
What fun things do you do as a family for Halloween?!