This post may contain affiliate links.
First off, y’all should be relatively impressed–I have stuck with a work out routine consistently for over a month now and I kid you not, that’s actually a big friggin’ deal. So I’m here to share a few of my tips and tricks to how I have stuck with it, a couple of my favorite work out things to do and well, one product I always take with me when I’m outside running. Ready for this?! Let’s talk tips and tricks first.
TIPS + TRICKS
1. Make a game plan, literally write it down and read it every single day. For me, I wrote a note in my phone–nothing crazy in depth, just a few goals and my reason for wanting to live a healthy, active lifestyle. I wake up every single morning, look over them quickly and then head to do a quick morning workout.
2. Make it convenient. I have found that if I sign up for a gym membership, thinking hey, this is what’s going to get me in shape, but it’s 20 minutes away, I won’t go. Then at that point, not only did I waste money, but I set myself up for failure. I work out at home or with a trainer around the corner from my house. I’ve made it convenient and easy to do.
3. Create a routine and make it a habit. I used to work out at night, but then I would be exhausted, I would have work today or just popcorn and a movie sounded better. 😉 I switched things up, I now wake up in the morning and working out is the first thing I do. I get up, get dressed, get Blake a bottle (or Marcus does) and then I go out and do a quick work out.
4. It doesn’t have to be long and complicated and you’re allowed to take days off. I work out for 20-30 minutes Monday-Friday and take the weekends off. I switch it up every other day between super intense and a little easier, that way I don’t lose total motivation. 😉 This way though I still have time for my insanely busy schedule, but am also making my health a priority.
5. Set goals. I used to think this was silly, but it really has helped. I set little weekly goals for myself and it pushes me to work harder and do a little better everyday. One thing lately I have been working on is being able to run without stopping to a certain point in our neighborhood. It’s a fun little way to challenge myself, but also make sure I am keepin’ with the whole “working out” thing. 😉
FAVORITE AT HOME WORK OUTS
- YouTube Yoga (just YouTube away and you’ll find a video you like!)
- Dance workouts (laugh all you want 😉 )
- Running/Walking around the neighborhood
- Small weight/leg work outs in my living room
THE MUST HAVE PRODUCT
Since I like to run outside, safety is pretty important to me. I always make sure to have my phone with me, one, but I also wear a little bracelet called a “Road ID“. It’s the perfect little peace of mind tool in case anything were to happen. It’s just a simple bracelet with important details on it and an emergency contact. It was created on the concept that active people should wear an ID when participating in outdoor activities. It’s durable and totally customizable. In fact it’s really perfect for anyone, including kids! Did you know that each year over 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without ID? Why not make it easy and preventable with a simple bracelet. You can’t put a price on peace of mind y’all! You can grab one, here. Plus, from 11/24 through 11/28, take advantage of 20% off ALL Road ID products and gift cards, while supplies last!