This post may contain affiliate links.
I have had tons of questions about how I do Blake’s hair, if I could start doing tutorials and all the good stuff–so here I am! I’ve made a little tutorial of her bun pigtails and y’all they’re seriously easy, like 3 minutes tops! Just remember, distraction is key (AKA: Elmo for us) and patience because it’s going to take practice the first couple of times.
- Small clear elastic rubber bands (I actually recommend, these (they’re for braces, but work great!))
- Comb (I like ones with teeth close together to get a tighter comb) I recommend, this or this.
- Spray bottle
- Small activity or show on phone
- Get a little show or game started on your phone to keep your little occupied! Trust me, you’ll want thank me later–distraction is KEY 😉
- Spray down hair and comb through
- Part where desired part is (we use a side part for Blake and in the video above)
- Take first side of hair and comb the back up to reach into the ponytail so that it’ll stay in all day 😉
- Once you have that little pony in your fingers, rubber band, but only pull half way through at the end to create a tiny bun. Pull bun lose with fingers to give it more of the “bun look”.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 on the opposite side
- Spray back again, use a light hairspray if desired for a longer last
- Spray bangs with water lightly and part as desired
- Carefully add headband or bow clips
Shop our favorite baby hair products/supplies..
Shop our favorite baby bows…