This post may contain affiliate links.
This little crew of mine might just be my favorite. Okay, okay — fine, they’re totally my favorite, like one hundred percent. I want to do all the things with them, all day long, but obviously well — we’re not made of money. So today, I’ve teamed up with Sears and am sharing a few of our favorite things to do around our little city and how we save money while doing so! Plus, they can happen anywhere, which means…you, you can make them happen with your crew 😉
FIVE FAMILY TIME ACTIVITIES:
- Picnic at the park: This is obviously totally dependent on well, the weather BUT it’s so much fun! We love to hit a good restaurant, grab take out and hit the park!
- Staycation: Grab all the bedding around the house, blankets, chairs, everything and make a HUGE fort! Snuggle up as a family, put your favorite movie on and make some popcorn.
- Out to dinner: This one can get expensive, but it totally doesn’t have to be! I am one of those people that LOVES to go to restaurants as a family and eat. I know, I know, screaming toddler and a restaurant, but guys it’s fine and people get it. We love to go at lunch on Saturday’s, there’s tons of lunch specials and it saves us money in more ways than one!
- Local scenery: A few weekends ago, we hopped in the car on a nice Saturday afternoon, filled up with gas and drove around a part of town we had never really seen before. We stopped for milkshakes, played by the river, watched the “hor-sees” and took way too many pictures. It was so fun to listen to music in the car, dance, laugh and have family time.
- Baking: Now, let me preface this by saying, it usually ends up a disaster, but it’s always fun! I’m just terrible in the kitchen. We purchased a couple of kitchen pieces to help with baking from Sears and it’s the perfect way to have family time. Obviously, we dance around the kitchen (we always dance), we make up new recipes, put way too much sugar in our cookies and make the kitchen a mess, but it’s perfect and it always leaves my heart so happy.
Now, not only are these things are relatively inexpensive, but guess what?! They save you money, even while spending the little money you do! What do they all have in common (restaurants, gas stations, pillows, kitchen pieces)? They all earn you points if you use your Sears Mastercard from Citibank! With an industry-leading 5-3-2-1 rewards offer, you can earn rewards points on all purchases everywhere you shop. The 5-3-2-1 rewards means; 5% back in points on eligible purchases made at gas stations, 3% back in points on eligible purchases at grocery stores and restaurants (5% and 3% back on the first $10,000 of combined eligible purchases made on gas, groceries and restaurants and 1% thereafter), 2% back in points on eligible purchases made at Sears and Kmart and 1% back in points on all other eligible purchases. You can grab your gas at eligible gas stations, kitchen necessities, sheets, pillows and everything for your fort at Sears and all the food in between from eligible restaurants! Then you can use your points for all the things and discounts! The Sears Mastercard with Shop Your Way, uses shop your way points points and can be redeemed on purchases ranging from everyday household things to larger items like kitchen appliances sold by Sears and Kmart, in store or online and on ShopYourWay.com.
A big thanks to Sears for sponsoring this post!