This post may contain affiliate links.
We had the best time on our little getaway to Disney World. It’s funny how vacations work, you go, go, go and then before you know it, it’s over. I realized so much while we were away though, like how much I love these people I have. I mean, don’t get me wrong obviously I LOVEDD them so much before, but there’s just something about taking the stress away, not worrying and having fun that makes you realize how good you have it. How special your people are to you. Then you don’t really want it to end and you want to continue to stay up late, snuggle and just not have a care in the world forever. 😉 Basically, can we just be on vacay forever?
Somethings I don’t want to forget from this trip:
- How excited Blake was with every character she saw. she would literally run up, ask them to sign her book, awkwardly stand there while they signed and then hug them and not let go until I told her to. HA! It was adorable. She didn’t smile for any pictures though. I don’t know if she was just totally starstruck or whatever, but not one picture do we have of her smiling, she’s just standing nice and close and looking at us or them.
- DOLE WHIP. That’s all. So good.
- Family time. My sister Ariel, her husband and baby boy met up with us since they live in Florida and we had two full days with them. Blake talked about Baby Jack all day everyday and it was nice to have some sister time with her again, since well…they live so far away and it doesn’t happen often.
- Trying sodas from “around the world” at Epcot, the Pineapple Fanta from Greece=bomb.com
- The humidity in Florida, I mean I don’t really want to remember it, but I want to remind myself I made it through it and well…people live there so clearly you must get used to it 😉
- Mickey, all Blake did was point out Mickey everywhere which totally made my heart happy
- Seeing Disney through Blake’s eyes. I mean honestly, the look on her face was incredible, she was just so excited and happy and it made my Mama heart want to burst!
- Blake’s tiny raspy voice! I am not sure if it was the humidity or just talking a lot, but about two days in Blake started getting a raspy voice, but guys IT’S THE CUTEST THING EVER. That’s all Marcus and I kept saying. I mean should could literally say anything and it sound friggin’ adorable.
- Watching Marcus be a “Disney Dad” with Blake. I mean don’t get me wrong, I would rather not spend all the money, but seeing Marcus not be able to say no and taking her to see all the Princesses reminded me why I have the best husband out there. 😉
- Our hotel and being able to see the animals right from our room! Blake woke up every morning saying “Where are da baby animals?!” (not sure why she said baby…) but nevertheless friggin’ cute.
Now let’s see all the pictures.
A few favs that we traveled with and had questions about:
Stroller c/o Quinny (which I would highly recommend for travel especially)
Car seat c/o Maxi Cosi (we took this on the plane and it was GAME CHANGING)
Stroller Hooks for bag: Fawn Design
Hotel we stayed at: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Blake’s little unicorn towel c/o Skiphop
Blake’s doggy backpack c/o Skiphop
TIPS & TRICKS WE LEARNED:
- Bring the iPad on the plane.
- If your babe has their own seat — bring a car seat, then it’s more like a long car ride and they’re strapped in there, which means in one place 😉 We love the Maxi Cosi, here.
- Snacks, lots and lots of snacks.
- Minimal is better, grab a smaller stroller like the Quinny we used, but still with lots of pockets!
- Grab more tips and tricks for packing, here.
Disney World Tips:
- Have a game plan. We didn’t really make a game plan and I feel like we missed quite a few things, so maybe don’t do what we did there 😉
- FAST PASSES. These make a huge difference, you can schedule three at a time, a day, DO IT. Especially for the character meet n’ greets!
- Character Dining. I totally recommend this and STAT. The “bigger” characters book out like 6 months in advance!
- Hollywood Studios is definitely a good one for toddlers! It’s full of all the Disney Junior characters and honestly, I think it was Blake’s favorite!
- Don’t be afraid to take a break. We went back to the hotel everyday for an hour or two and it made the whole experience better for everyone. It gave us a break from the heat/humidity and the chance for Blake to nap 😉
- Use the Disney World transportation!
- As for the dining plan, maybe it’s worth it? Not entirely sure. We didn’t do it, but plan on spending quite a bit of money on food.
- Dole Whips are a must and SO good!
- GET A STROLLER FAN (like this one, here) (PS. I don’t recommend the less expensive one, it doesn’t hold up well)
- Bring a fan for yourself!
- Bring your own water bottles or plan on droppin’ some money on them, you’ll drink SEVERAL a day because of the heat.
- Dress lightly and pack an extra change of clothes (especially for the babes)
- If you’re getting overheated, step in the shops and catch some of the a/c!
- WATCH the Magical Kingdom Fireworks show, it’s spectacular! Plan to be grabbing a viewing spot at least an hour before, if not sooner.
- Do the “Memory Maker” option that way you don’t have to fuss with a camera (unless you want to!)
- Animal Kingdom Lodge — worth it. If you can, try and stay there. There is so much for everyone to do there and well, you get to say hello to the animals everyday!
- HAVE FUN and don’t stress (obviously easier said than done), but make the best of it, take lots of pictures and get an autograph book for your babe (Blake loved that part!)
Shop our must have Disney world items:
Shop some of our Disney gear:
See our full packing list, here.
THE VIDEO RECAP