This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior.
Put your hand up if you know the words to just about every theme song from the shows on Disney Junior? Yep, my hand is up high and proud and if I am being totally honest about 99% of the time I find myself singing, “I was a girl in the village doing alright, when I became a princess overnight….Sofiaaaa the first!” by myself, when Blake is literally nowhere near. I mean, parenting? Actually, I really think that show is friggin’ cute though. If you’re not familiar, it’s a cute show about a girl who’s Mom marries the king and it shows her new adventures (and powers) as a princess! It’s a pretty cute show, with some fun educational points and I love it because it teaches good morals and little life lessons.
This summer Blake and I are starting a little Friday (or should I say FRiYAY) tradition. Every Friday morning, we will wake up, make “Sparkle Pancakes” and watch Disney Junior’s FRiYAY. It’s something fun they’re doing this summer with their best shows and Blake and I are so friggin’ excited about it. So to kick it off and you know, celebrate one of our favorite (fine Blake’s favorite…) shows, Sofia The First, I’m going to share a fun headband tutorial in our favorite colors (especially purple, cough* Sofia *cough)! Because every princess needs a good crown, or headband 😉
I’ve got two different types of headbands for you, both in felt and super easy to make! Here’s the supplies you’ll need to make your Sofia the First inspired Headbands:
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Nude Nylons
- Felt Squares in red, purple, green, blue and pink (or any color you see fit)
NYLON HEADBAND STEPS:
FELT HEADBAND #1
- Cut a piece about 2” wide by 8” in length
- Cut one smaller skinny piece for the band (about ¾ wide and 2” long)
- Fold one edge of the larger piece in, meeting halfway and glue down. Repeat on the other side.
- Fold in an accordion fashion, creating a bow
- Take the smaller skinny piece for the band and hot glue down on the back, middle, accordion section
- Hot glue the nylon headband part in the same spot
- Wrap band around, hot glue down to hold bow in place and cut extra off
- Let cool, then let your little rock their new headband while watchin’ Sofia!
FELT HEADBAND #2:
- Cut a piece about ½” wide by 10” in length
- Cut a smaller, skinnier piece for the band (about ¾ wide and 2” long)
- Take the longer piece and loop the right side first into a small loop, repeat on the other side, creating a small “dainty bow”
- Lay flat and place a small drop of hot glue on the back side, then place nylon headband on top
- Hot glue band on top and bring around, tightening the center of the bow to create a cinched look
- Cut off tail of band, let cool and rock while watching Disney Junior’s FRiYAY!
Now grab all the shades of purple, to really bring out your inner Sofia and make your favorite style in different sizes for your little one to wear all the time, especially while watchin’ new episodes throughout the summer on Friday mornings on Disney Channel! #DisneyJuniorFRiYAY
Lupe Arechiga says
I love this! I’m definitely going to try making them for my girls. Thanks for sharing! ?
Where do you get the nude nylon?
Jess Oakes says