This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.
SO as you may have figured out, I have found the perfect spin on my chocolate chip cookies, you know after how every many years of failing hardcore and burning every batch. I finally figured it out and now we want to eat all the chocolate chip cookies all the time. So I decided to spice things up a little, put a fun twist on it, go outside of my comfort zone in the kitchen if you will. Not going to lie it was a huge fail the first two times, but now I’ve got it done and they’re so good! They’re white, double chocolate chip cookie recipes and not just a cookie recipe with white and chocolate chips in it — come on people, I’m more creative than that. 😉
So rather than talking about them forever, I’ll just share the recipe with you and then tell you our favorite thing to pair it with at the end because guys THEY’RE SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Stick of Salted Butter
- 2 TSP of Cream Cheese
- Dash of Salt
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 TSP of Vanilla
- 1 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Semi-Sweet White Chocolate Chips
- Horizon Organic Milk (see below)
And the steps:
- Set your oven to 335 degrees.
- Now mix all together the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl off to the side.
- Then in a mixer mix together the salt, cream cheese and sugars. Once that has a pretty good grainy texture to it and it’s all mixed together, add in the egg and vanilla.
- Get that all mixed in and then slowly pour in the dry ingredients from the other bowl. I recommend just adding a little bit at a time, then mixing, until you have gotten it all in there!
- Once everything is in there and mixed, you will add in the chocolate chips. It doesn’t matter whether or not you fold these in or mix them, it’ll both taste great.
- Grab your cookie sheet and set baking paper over the top of it (the baking paper makes a huge difference). Then place 1″ balls of cookie dough on sheets until you’ve completed the dough.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes at 335 degrees, immediately place on cooling rack to keep bottoms from browning upon removal from oven. Let cool and then serve!
So, I know that seems like maybe a lot of steps, maybe not? Either way — it’s really easy and well, Jess proof so that should say something. Plus the outcome is just DELICIOUS.
Now, here’s our favorite part about these cookies, dipping them in Horizon Organic Milk and eating them. I promise you they taste so much better dipped in milk, for whatever reason. But especially Horizon Milk because it’s creamy and delicious, but good for you! Blake actually drinks a glass everyday by herself, she loves it that much and that’s a big deal since we took her bottle away….because well, that’s another story people. No more bottle was a nightmare and she literally refused any type of milk forever until we got Horizon Organic. It’s kind of cute because she loves to drink it in a “big” cup like Mama and Daddy and while I don’t want her to grow up, it totally melts my heart.
Now, if I ere you I would probably make a grocery list, put all of the above ingredients on it and run to the store so you can make these, I promise they won’t disappoint. 😉