This post may contain affiliate links.
Blake and I have been eating overnight oats for about two months straight and well…I figured it was about time I share the quick (and EASY) recipe to make them. I love them and they’re such a go to because I make them the night before which means during the chaos of morning I can easily grab them out of the fridge, serve and chow down. Plus, Blake loves them and you Mamas know — that’s a big friggin’ deal. Whatever Blake will eat these days, we run with and basically eat them until she’s sick of it. It’s fine.
Overnight oats is actually something I grew up eating. Only, wait for it…I literally cracked the wheat to make oats in my Grandma’s kitchen. It was her thing and kind of something special we grew up doing. I remember fighting with my sisters on who got to turn the thing to make them. Then we would pile them high with more brown sugar than oats and cover them in milk. So a few things have changed. HA! I mean, don’t get me wrong — every once in awhile I do a little brown sugar splurge, but these days I’ve been working hard on a healthier lifestyle, so we’ve been stickin’ with fruits or Horizon Organic milk. Anyways — recipe, let’s do this.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Horizon Organic Milk (any type is fine)
- Fruits (again, your choice)
- A glass jar or cup
- Horizon Organic Yogurt
How to make them:
- They’re super easy. I generally do about a cup and a half of oats in the jar to begin with. Then add 1/2 cup of Horizon Organic yogurt on top.
- Then I add the Horizon Organic milk and fill it to right above the oats (not much more or they’ll be too soggy).
- After that, we top it off with all the fruit. Blake and I love strawberry, blueberries and raspberries on ours!
- Put a lid on it (or plastic wrap if you used a cup) and stick it in the fridge for the next day. Now, I do recommend a glass jar or cup, it just doesn’t taste the same when made in plastic, I don’t know why — but just trust me.
- The next morning, pull it out, mix it together and serve! If you’re really feelin’ good you can add a little brown sugar or powdered sugar!
See? SUPER easy, right? I’m all about convenience these days soo…big win in my book. Now go getcha self some overnight oats and all the yummy Horizon Organic products!
This post was sponsored by Horizon Organic.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.