This post may contain affiliate links.
This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of OshKosh B’gosh; however all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
So as y’all already know — I’m definitely the parent that takes too many dang pictures of her kid. I know, I know. I knew it was a real problem when I had (no joke) 25 Chatbooks when she was like 3 months old. Whoops. I just really like her, okay? 😉 So this is basically a blog post dream right now because I get to talk all about pictures and holiday outfits — so two of my favorite things.
Plus the holidays are an excuse to shop for several new outfits for the babes. Am I right? Thanksgiving – new outfit, Christmas – new outfit, New Years – boom, another new outfit. Or at least that’s what I tell myself…Have y’all seen OshKosh’s clothes this season though? They’re seriously on point and I can’t even handle the fact that my sweet girl looks like the cutest little Scottish babe you ever did see. I mean — LOOK AT HER. I can’t, even. Plus, we have Scottish in us soooo it makes it that much better.
So let’s talk about outfits first and then I’ll dive into some picture tips and tricks because I’ve been asked that quite a bit, especially if you’re taking your own Christmas pictures this year!
- If you have more than one babe, you want to coordinate, but not be over the top. So something like the plaid dress Blake is wearing and then if you have a little boy for instance, maybe he could wear navy pants and a white button up! So they coordinate but it’s not totally matchy matchy. Unless they’re twins — then please, do all the matchy match because I think it’s the cutest thing ever.
- Be cute, but comfortable. I’ve found for Blake that if the outfit she is wearing just isn’t realistic — it’s not going to make for cute pictures. I like lifestyle, real life pics so she needs an outfit that she can run around in. OshKosh B’gosh is on point with doing just this — real life, but totally friggin’ cute. Plus — I’ve got a coupon for y’all to OshKosh at the bottom of this post, so keep on reading!
- Here are a few of my favorites from OshKosh:
TIPS & TRICKS TO HOLIDAY PHOTOS
- If you’re up for the challenge to take your own Holiday pictures this year, first pick out the outfit(s)! Second, get a set up. Either go outside, to a local tree farm (even just a small Christmas tree set up), or make shift your own inside! I’ll tell you what though, the best backdrops (at least in my opinion) are sold light colors — so white, gray, etc. So usually a wall in your home is perfect. Throw a cute tree in there, maybe a little blanket and some “presents” styled under for the perfect backdrop. You could even use props like lights or a wreath for your babe(s) to hold in the shot.
- You don’t need a fancy camera — I mean, if you have one awesome and if you’re into taking pics like me, then perfect get one to use often, but don’t go buy one just for this 😉 HA! Your iPhone or whatever camera you have is perfect because guess what? Editing goes a LONG way. So shoot a bunch of pictures, grab help to get your babe(s) to smile and laugh and go to town.
- Once you have “the picture” edit away. You can use apps on your phone like SnapSeed, VSCO or A Color Story (those are my top favs) or if you want to get fancy on your computer, I love Lightroom.
- Remember while shooting the pictures though that patience is key. I suggest doing them after nap time and when you’re feeling a little more patient than usual 😉 Otherwise it’s gonna be a hot mess.
- Let them just hang out and do their thing. I think lifestyle shots make the best pictures! Let them play with the tree, if you have more than one babe – play with each other and just have fun! I promise, relax and have fun and the pics will be way better.
Find a store near you, here!