This post may contain affiliate links.
Christmas time is here people! Are you ready? I like to think I am, but realistically not so much. It’s funny actually because I have my crap together for all the blog stuff and to show y’all everything, but then like myself and my actual Christmas that’s happenin’ — not so much. WHOOPS! But I do have this part together, mainly because I did it to show y’all and made enough to give to all mah girlfriends. 😉 HOLLLA. Alright, so wannah know what it is?! I have a full DIY on how to make the cutest spa baskets to give your favorites for Christmas using simple ingredients like Florida OJ! Plus, get this — you can legit make like 15 of them for UNDER $35-$40. YASS!
In each basket, there are three things and all of them are made with Florida Orange Juice and then a whole lot ingredients that you most likely have in your house already! PLUS, the majority of everything else I got at the dollar store (or even a local grocery store is cheaper on some) and here you have it, spa baskets! So I’ll show you the recipes for each; Florida OJ Body Scrub, Florida OJ Hair Mask and Florida OJ Lip Moisturizer!
FLORIDA OJ BODY SCRUB:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mason Jars (I bought a 12 pack for like $6 at my local craft store!)
- 8-9 Cups of Epsom Salt
- 3 Cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
How to make it:
- Start by melting the coconut oil (JUST SLIGHTLY) in the microwave. I heated my 1 cup up for about 15 seconds, so it made it soft and mushy, but not liquid!
- Add in the 2 Cups of Florida Orange Juice and stir slowly
- Next add the epsom salt slowly. Eventually you will most likely have to use your hands to mix it because it gets a little thick for a mixer or whisk, but I mean — it’s made for your skin so your hands will just be uber soft when you’re done 😉 You’ll also eye ball the epsom salt a little bit, which is why I say 8-9 Cups.
- Once it’s chunky and feels grainy, start scooping it on into the mason jars! Put the lids on, tie it with a cute bow and there’s your first part to these cute beauty baskets!
FLORIDA OJ LIP MOISTURIZER
(my favs and definitely Blake’s ;))
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Small condiment containers (grab a 50 pack for like $3 at the grocery store)
- 2 Cups Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Florida Orange Juice
How to make em’:
- Start by mixing both the Florida Orange Juice and the coconut oil together. It’ll be a little gooey–that’s a-okay.
- Next put both on the stove top to melt and bring to a boil. Continuously stir while the mixture is melting. Once it is slowly boiling, bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then turn stove off
- Let sit for about 10 minutes to cool enough for the plastic containers (otherwise it will melt them).
- Finally, pour into the containers. Then stick them in the fridge to harden overnight.
**Note once they are hardened, they don’t need to be refrigerated, but just like any chapstick — I wouldn’t leave it in the sun or it will melt 😉
FLORIDA OJ HAIR MASK
What you need:
- Small Spray bottles (I got the travel size for .50 cents at the grocery store)
- 2 Cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 Cups of Olive Oil
How to make it:
- This one is super easy — throw both in a bowl, mix it together and you’re done!
- I would use a funnel to slowly pour the contents into each spray bottle!
I used Florida Orange Juice for all of these fun and easy DIY products because it is full of good-for-you ingredients that provide great benefits for hair and skin! The oranges grown in Florida make the most delicious orange juice due to the sandy soil, climate and dedication of Florida Citrus Growers. Not to mention it’s the perfect scent, taste and feel for all of these products! Plus, did you know that every glass of Florida Orange Juice provides the amazing five?! Great taste (obvi number one), Vitamin C, potassium, folate and no sugar added! It’s a win in my book and we go through it like crazy in our house.
This post was sponsored by The Florida Department of Citrus.