This post may contain affiliate links.
Guys, I know everyone keeps saying this but I can’t help but say it again, 2017 went so friggin’ fast. And honestly, I feel like you only say that when you’re getting older. Like life is FLYING by and I’m over here trying to balance it all, soak it all in and live every moment in slow motion. Well 2018 is here and happening now and honestly, I’m not a huge “resolutions” fan just because I swear I never do them. However, the last couple of months I have been working really hard to focus on what matters, to find time for me and to well, live every moment to the fullest so there’s a few things I want to take with me to 2018 and a few that well, I want to change and work on. So here they are:
- Literally, live in the moment. The reality is that every single thing that happens each day is well, going to happen no matter what. So you might as well live in the moment and soak the entirety of it up. Too often I find myself just moving from one to-do list item to the next without even feeling or thinking. I want to feel, feel everything, hold onto it for as long as possible and well, let go of the things that cause stress or anxiety. Something I realized while writing about my anxiety struggles a few months back was that hard times WILL happen, anxieties will be high in moments, that’s just life – but it’s how you handle it. You can have the faith that they’re going to work out or you can dwell on it and honestly, you might as well just let it go, cry if you need to and then just believe that things will be okay. In fact — in the past, most of the time, they probably have been just fine, maybe just with a little hiccup.
- Wake up early. This is something I have done for a couple of months since starting BBG with some girlfriends and well, it’s been game changing. It gives me the chance to get a work out in and some work all before Blake wakes up (most days anyways), which is a huge win in my book. It also starts my day off way better, rather than my roll out of bed and run 20 minutes behind all day, like I used to do. HA!
- Make more husband/wife time. This is something I am terrible at! I mean, we find time for each other — but it’s minimal compared to what it could be. I am planning on going out once a week for date night and making sure to set time aside daily for just him and I to chill, watch TV, whatever! Which means, phones down! That’s the biggest thing we are both guilty about, we spend time together but play on our phones the entire time. Whoops…
- Stay inside more. I am very much the type of person to well, go, go, go – like all day all the time. I don’t love sitting inside and would much rather be out doing things. HOWEVER (and I think this one applies more to when we move into our new house), I would love to start spending more nights/weekeneds/whatever at home, just as a family.
- Follow goals. I have had some goals for years and well, have done nothing about the, except look at them written down and then get disappointed when I don’t reach them. The only thing is — I didn’t even do anything to try and chase them. So this year I’m going to make steps towards them and make crap happen. In fact a big one is launching February first and I can’t wait, though I am totally terrified. But hey – you’ll never know until you try it, so here we go! 😉
What are you focusing on this new years?!