This post may contain affiliate links.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheOtherBowl #CollectiveBias
We love throwing parties, like I’m counting down the days for our house to be finished for this reason alone, HA! I just have this weird little “party bug” in me that loves to plan and throw ridiculously cheesy parties and have fun with friends. No shame. Well I’ve been asked a few times for tips and tricks so I figured it would be fun to get a blog post up on all of it! This way I can share all my go to tips for a successful “party” if you will, especially with football season among us! So here we go. I’m going to focus more so on a “football” party if you will for this just because that’s what’s currently happening over here more often than not these days and well, it’s that time of year! But really, these can be used for any type of gathering.
WHAT TO HAVE ON HAND:
- Basically back up everything. If you need one bag of chips, buy two. Especially for football season, dem’ guys like to eat 😉
- Plan for a spill. Just know if your head either a kid is going to spill something, your man, someone will probably spill. So have whatever you need to clean it up ready to go!
- Paper plates, disposable cups and paper napkins. I’m all about keeping it simple with guests over (unless it’s a fancy occassion) because well, that’s less of a mess for me. They can toss them in the trash and then my dishes are light.
- Poo-Pouri: Before-You-Go® Toilet Spray – yeah, don’t forget about the other bowl and laugh all you want, but seriously you can thank me later. I just throw a couple in the bathroom and then they’re there and ready to go. Plus it’s simple; spray before you go, barrier created, traps odors under surface. BOOM.
- Extra seating, pull out the chairs from bedrooms, the office, the garage, wherever and put them in a central location. This way everyone has a place to sit and they can all hang out together!
- Put a trash can out where everyone can see it and easily throw their own garbage away!
- Really, keep em’ low. HA! I have worked on big events before with big expectations only to be let down, whereas if I keep them realistic, then I find myself having more fun and looking back with a better attitude of success 😉
- Expect to have fun and for things to be messy. One of my biggest things is sometimes I get super anxious when I can see how messy my house is becoming, BUT if I let it go then generally I do better and again just enjoy myself!
- As far as getting yourself ready and the kid(s), do it the morning of, you can thank me later for that! HA! I generally will do Blake’s hair first thing in the morning, then I know she’s ready to go and I can focus on party prep until people arrive!
WHERE TO GRAB THINGS:
- Disposable items (plates, cups, etc): Local grocery store – I’ve found this to be the cheapest!
- Seating, if you’re low on seats and not planning to throw a lot of parties, rent some chairs – it’s cheap. If you’re planning to throw lots of parties, just invest in some back up folding chairs you can store in the garage!
- Poo-Pouri, 40MM bottles sold and free shipping on orders over $19.95, you can grab it on their site, here. My favs are the Royal Flush® and Lavender Vanilla, both available in 2, 4 or 8oz bottles!
- Food, shop around and find the best deals since you’ll probably be buying quite a bit! Plus most stores price match!
remember, most stores price match 😉