This post may contain affiliate links.
We are getting ready for a family vacation here in a couple of weeks and I am SO excited! Seriously, counting down the days because well, Mama needs a vacay, am I right? 😉 HA! So I naturally I thought, this is the perfect time to share some of my best traveling tips. I’ve shared, “on the go” tips and “road trip essentials” but haven’t really done one on flying with littles. So here I am!
Traveling can be stressful with toddlers, trust me – I’ve done it more times than I care to admit. BUT I’ve learned a few tips and tricks along the way and while I am not an expert, these work for us and I figure they’ll probably help 😉 So let’s do this.
The less the better when traveling I’ve learned. We have tried to walk through the airport with WAY too much stuff and honestly it just caused stress and anxiety, so we learned that lesson real quick. Here’s what we generally travel with (unless we are going for longer than usual):
- One Carry on
- One Checked luggage
- A Large carry on bag (full of snacks, etc.)
- OXO Stroller w/ the handy stroller hook! It’s super lightweight, folds down easy and just great for traveling!
- Car Seat
Between the large checked bag and the carry on we can usually fit everything we need in the two! The large carry on bag, I usually bring a bag similar to like a Nena & Co bag and put snacks and the necessities listed below in them. For the car seat, we usually strap that to the front of the carry on bag. That way it’s easier to pull around and then Blake can sit in it in the plane and it makes allll of our lives easier there 😉
THE CARRY ON:
The “activity bag” as I call it, is basically my go to the entire time we travel. Here’s what I typically have in that bag:
- On the go wipe dispenser by OXO Tot – I attach this to the strap of my bag so it’s easier to find and grab a wipe without having to dig around in my purse.
- OXO Snack container (blocks and snack cup)- I love this because I can put four different snacks in one container but still have the ability to grab one container at a time! I will usually refill this during layovers when needed, then we are set for the next flight and whatever comes our way.
- iPad – always have this in the bag and I download Netflix shows onto it, that way you don’t need wifi and they can keep watching shows all flight!
- Kid’s headphones – for the iPad
- Coloring, I usually get a few of the “magic” coloring books and these keep her busy for awhile!
- Hand Sanitizer – you know why and generally I keep a couple in there, along with disinfectant wipes for the seats in the plane and everything. #GermFreak
- A Couple of small toys – I usually let Blake choose a few small toys to bring in this bag as well!
Oxo Tot has a ton of on the go options and great things for travel as well, I would check out their site, here to see everything! I recommend doing that. What are your best travel tips and tricks?!
This post was sponsored by Oxo Tot.