This post may contain affiliate links.
GUYS, TEXAS WAS INCREDIBLE. I told Marcus when we were leaving – if we every moved to a different state, Texas would be top on my list. But we aren’t moving sooo 😉 I’ll just have to visit all the time for now. The people were just incredible, the food was delicious, there were TREES EVERYWHERE (which I didn’t expect) and just loved it. Almost every teenager I talked to (at food places, stores, etc.) were so polite, “yes mam”, “yes sir” and that southern hospitality is just incredible. SO there’s that.
Anyways, I had several requests to get a post up with where we went, our favorite places, all the things. SO here we are and I’m going to forewarn you – it’s gonna be a long post. BUT it’ll be informational and have cute pics and yummy food places – so that’s all that matters right? 😉 Then I will get up a guide for Waco tomorrow and then Corpus Christi Thursday and that way we will have everything covered.
- Snooze Eatery – they literally have just about everything you can think of on the menu for breakfast. I got pancakes, the kids got eggs and pancakes, Marcus got a breakfast burrito and we all loved our food, seriously it was delicious. The atmosphere was fun, relaxed and the customer service was just on point. PS. Get their peanut butter sauce – you won’t regret it.
- Whataburger – not gonna lie, I’m an In-N-Out person, so obviously we ate there too-BUT I do think that Whataburger is something you HAVE to try if you’re in Texas, so put it on your list and In-N-Out because it’s In-N-Out people. It’s a fast food place, so a good option for if you’re in a hurry or grabbing food on the go.
- Magnolia Pancake Haus – HOLY GET THE SILVER DOLLAR PANCAKES AND ALL THE SYRUP. Guys, their syrup is warm, WARM!! These were by far some of the best pancakes I have ever had, their peanut butter was delicious (I’m a weirdo) and their syrup was just, I can’t even find the right words to describe it – mouth watering. The atmosphere was relaxed, waiters were so nice and you just feel like you’re in the company of real southern hospitality there.
- The art of Donuts – Obviously donuts were on the top of our list – I MEAN DONUTS. These weren’t like your typical donuts though, the batter tastes unlike any other donuts I’ve tasted before and their donuts are FUN. They frost them after you order them and do things like glitter, cereal, sprinkles, all the things – go big or go home here.
- Augie’s Alamo City BBQ – When you go to Texas you have to have BBQ, I mean — it’s a must. Luckily my sister and her husband had already found the best of the best. It’s not really what I expected when we pulled up – but guys, their food was incredible. I mean, I’ve had BBQ before but this was BBQ like I had never tasted before. Just the perfect taste, cook and the sides were equally as great.
KID’S FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES:
- SeaWorld – We all had a BLAST at SeaWorld. Especially the kids! Blake has a recent obsession with beluga whales. It’s actually the cutest thing, she calls them all “Baby Belugas” and talks about them nonstop. SOO naturally we saw the Beluga Whale/Dolphin show right away and both kids (Blake and my 1 year old nephew) were LOCKED in. Us adults also loved it equally as much. There was a lot to do there, even a huge Sesame Street splash pad area for the kids to play in. I would say make sure you set a full day aside to do this one because it’s a lot to do in a short amount of time, so give yourself time. We also paid to meet the dolphins which Blake LOVED – I recommend doing one of their activities like this (where age permits) and booking in advance. It just really made the whole experience a little more special.
- Aquatica – Aquatica is actually part of SeaWorld, kind of – it’s their waterpark and it’s in the same general area. Again, I would make this a full day thing, especially if you have kids that are a little older. Blake played and played in the younger kid’s area forever, went down the water slides and honestly – it was just incredible to watch her have so much fun and to just let loose. There’s a ton of ride options here, slides, pools, a river and even the opportunity to get in the water (or just touch) sting rays!
- The Doseum – I can honestly say, I have never seen a Children’s museum like this before. It was incredible. Two stories, outside areas and SO much to do. They had activities for every age, a little town for toddlers/babies, outdoor things, educational experiences, a “library”, music room, seriously so many things. We were there or about 3 hours and didn’t even get to every spot, so keep that in mind. Blake and my nephew both had such a blast and it was so sweet to watch them play together. I think they both loved the outdoor part of it best 😉 #kids – but I would make this a must go to if you have littles!
- Riverwalk – The riverwalk is BEAUTIFUL and super fun. There are lots of restaurants, shops and just things to do. We did it in the afternoon for about an hour and a half and it was the perfect amount of time for us and the kids. Plus – I found the perfect turquoise ring (and I’ve been looking for one forever) from a cute little Turquoise shop over there soooo I was pretty stoked.
- The Alamo – I mean, how can you go to San Antonio and not see THE ALAMO!? I’m not gonna lie, history isn’t really my thing – I think it’s cool and all, but I’m not like my history teaching husband who lives and breathes it. BUT that being said, I’m hear to tell you, it was actually REALLY neat to see The Alamo, some artifacts and read the stories. So I would definitely make this a priority in seeing! Make sure you check their hours though because they’re not open late.
- Downtown – Downtown San Antonio in general was just fun and lively. If you find yourself trying to figure out what to do one day, I would say just go walk around downtown in the Pearl district. There’s shops, the alamo, the riverwalk, all the things!
Now, we are definitely going back in the future – so tell us, what’s your favorite places in San Antonio that are MUST sees?!
Shop outfits pictured…
This post contains affiliate links.
C/O The Art of Donuts
C/O The DoSeum
C/O Magnolia Pancake Haus