This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons on Broadway. The opinions and text are all mine.
THE TIME HAS COME! Actually, can we please just all give me some serious credit for getting this up in 24 hours? 😉 I mean we’ve been home from our Disneyland vacay for two weeks and I’m still working on that one….oops. BUT that one is finally going live tomorrow. HOLLA. Anyways, let’s talk muffins because welp, what else did you come here for? I’ve actually been making these muffins literally for as long as I can remember, like since Moakes and I first got married, but hadn’t made them in a little while so it was fun to bust out the recipe again and get on it. Also I was seriously in shock with the amount of people on insta stories that didn’t really even know what huckleberries were!! Y’ALL HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT, lemme tell you that. I literally eat them by the handful, to try and describe them they almost remind me of pomegranates, but not as crunchy. They’re sweet with a little sour tang and oh my gosh, seriously so good by themselves, in milkshakes, in muffins – all the things. Which fun fact – it’s actually Idaho’s state fruit. 😉 HA! Seriously though, it is and that might just be why Idaho and I just really love each other. They ripen mid to late summer (so totally in season now) and I got mine at Albertson’s because Albertson’s is life and y’all know that I just can’t stop going to that new one on Broadway in Boise – it’s literally like a piece of heaven, in a grocery store.
SOOO, here’s what you’re going to need to make these bad boys and note – honestly, you can put ANY fruit in these, however I totally recommend trying huckleberries, especially because they’re ripe right now AND chocolate chips because chocolate is life. I even did some with both and they were just as delicious.
**this makes literally a dozen in a standard cupcake pan, like perfectly. So double if you want more!
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 TSP Baking powder
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2-1 Cup Huckleberries or chocolate chips depending on your liking
**the consistency should be like fluffy, but also still pourable!
- Set the over to 350 degrees.
- Start by mixing all the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugars, baking powder, salt).
- Then add in the vanilla, eggs, vegetable oil and milk, mix until fluffy.
- Once fluffy and lookin’ good – on a slow mix, add in your huckleberries, chocolate chips or whatever you’re putting in it. You don’t want the speed to be too high for fruits though otherwise it will chop it up and you want it to be chunky!
- Once all mixed in, grease the pan and pour about 3/4 full into spots in a cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on it though. I check mine about 10 minutes in and so forth.
- Let cool and chow down 😉
Alright – get at it and tag me on Instagram if you have an Insta! I want to see y’all makin’ these delicious things!