This post may contain affiliate links.
Holidays are a happenin’ – like we are in full force Holiday mode. Thanksgiving happened. We hosted Thanksgiving and I made my famous cheesy potatoes. Yep, got that under my belt. We still have so many things to come through with Christmas, birthdays, New Years – all the things. So I thought I would give a quick recap on my famous cheesy mashed potatoes in partnership with OXO.
I say famous, like everyone in the world knows about them and wants them, but like mainly they’re famous to me, m’kay? I mean, my family loves them too okay? And my friends; they do too. 😉 Plus, they’re super easy to make and you can add or take away to make the quantity as little or as big as you need it to be without really doing or thinking much about it. Also, OXO makes things super easy with all of their kitchen tips, tools, and everything in between. Seriously my OXO kitchen products are my favorite, hands down. They just last and do the job well! Anyways, let’s do this thing and dive right into the recipe.
I’ll share the recipe that will feed 6-8 people.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6-8 potatoes depending on size
- 1 ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 TBSP Milk
- 4 TBSP Butter
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- Pinch of Salt
- Start by peeling the potatoes, then boiling them until soft in water.
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once they’re soft, put them in a mixer or a large bowl, then mix until mashed.
- Add in the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, then mix again.
- Once everything is mixed, pour into a baking dish, then top with the other cup of cheese. (We use the OXO baking dish since it can go from the freezer to the oven without the need to thaw so you can prep ahead of time!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Let cool and serve.
Now I thought I would share some quick tips to keep things kid friendly at the dinner table during the Holidays. Things we do that work because well, the Holidays can be a little chaotic as is, so any good tip or trick to keep those littles occupied is a win in my book!
- Coloring Pages: I love to print out coloring pages and put them out on the table for the littles to color – keeps em’ busy and it’s easy.
- Baking Set-up: Blake LOVES baking – last year I put out little cookies, sprinkles and icing on a little mat and the kids loved it!! I just let them do their thing and I worried about the mess later.
- Kid’s table: Guys, the kid’s table is a real thing and most of the time it does the work for you. 😉
Do you have a famous signature side dish, too?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of OXO.