This post may contain affiliate links.
Photos: Kelsie Emm Photography
As you guys saw over the weekend we went to Utah for a fun little shop and stay and it was SOOO good, I recommend ALL OF YOU DO IT at some point. I thought it would be fun to give a few highlights, share some tips and then just give a little review and recap of our overall stay and my thoughts. So let’s do it.
We stayed at The Hilton Salt Lake City Center and it was perfect, literally a 6 minute walk to City Creek (down the same street) and the hotel itself was absolutely beautiful, not to mention they totally spoiled us – so thank you Hilton! City Creek itself was incredible, especially right now with the entire holiday set up. I’ve been to City Creek before, a lot actually – but in the past it was for a quick run into Nordstrom or Madewell when we were in Utah for a quick trip because well Mama loves herself some Nordy’s and Madewell and Idaho doesn’t have either. Well, they didn’t. They not have a Madewell – still holding out strong for a Nordstrom one day. 😉 But for now it gives me a good excuse for a fun weekend trip. Anyways, but this time we really walked around, we explored the entire place and it’s basically what shopping dreams are made of. They have the main spot where there’s a huge fountain, right outside of Nordstrom with a huge Christmas tree right now that’s beautiful, but then you continue walking down and there’s even more magic. What’s really cool about them is you get the outside feel, but without actually being outside because their roofs are literally retractable – they can open them during the summer and close them during the cold months. So you feel like you’re in this outdoor space, but cozy and warm and not freezing your tail off during the snowy winter months.
While at City Creek Center on Saturday we saw Santa which if you ask Blake was the highlight of her trip, for sure. She talked about it for basically a week straight before we went, then the minute it was actually happening she got so shy and timid, but she did her thing – walked slowly, but confidently up to Santa and sat right next to him, then starting spitting off her list of items she wants for Christmas. HA! “A Vampirina dress, a vanity set and a little play computer” – she literally has it memorized and tells everyone when they ask her what Santa is bringing her. Then she asked Santa – DO YOU KNOW MY ELF SPARKLE?! Hahaha and I was cracking up. Naturally he did know, her. I mean obviously 😉
After we got our shop on – we went back to the hotel, ate way too much room service. Which you guys, if you ever stay at a Hilton (or this one in particular) get their french fries via room service. I ordered the 3 times, with ranch and they were so good!!! Then Marcus ditched us for a couple hours 😉 to go watch the BSU game with his brother, who lives nearby and Blake and I went to the pool, then ordered in Uber Eats – which consisted of well, cinnamon rolls and street tacos, obviously the healthiest of meals, but WORTH IT. Also the Hilton pool is BEAUTIFUL you guys, like breathtaking, indoor and they even have a really nice gym set up. Here I’ll show you pictures of it all:
Now, let’s talk some tips + tricks, etc.
- Bring a stroller for your littles and walk to City Creek Center from the Hilton – worth it, even in the cold and it’s just fun to do and see the downtown scenery.
- Stay for a weekend. I think 2 ish days was perfect! We got there Friday afternoon, left late Sunday and it was the perfect amount of time to kind of refresh, have fun shopping + spend time as a family.
- Use the hotel valet – just my personal opinion, it was worth it. HA
- Try and hit City Creek Center during the holidays because it’s just beautiful! Actually though – we did it during the summer too and that was super fun too.
- Schedule your Santa visit, either first thing when you get there, then go shop around and come back or do so in advance!
- Get yourself some room service at The Hilton City Creek + eat at the food court/Cheesecake Factory at City Creek Center 😉
- Eat at the breakfast buffet at the restaurant in Hilton – Trofi, SO YUMMY + so much food! They even have a make your own omelet spot (but they make it for you ;))
FAVORITE CITY CREEK STORES:
- Free People
- American Eagle
- Restoration Hardware
- Disney Store (AKA: Blake’s fav store)
- Lulu Lemon
Anyways, I think this little shop and stay trip would be perfect for a girl’s weekend, a couple’s weekend away or even a family stay like we did. Seriously there’s just so much to do between The Hilton City Creek and City Creek Center itself that your time will be filled the entire time, but you’ll also be able to sleep in (as much as a 3 year old will let you) and lounge around either in your room or at the pool!