This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’re a Mom, you know what I’m talking about – Motherhood is literally the best, hardest freaking job in the world. There’s nothing like it, literally. You won’t feel as much love, guilt, stress, overwhelm, obsessiveness (and all at the same time) in anything else, except well, being a Mom. 😉 HA! But with that, comes losing your mind just a little bit here and there, which leads me to my entire point of this post. YOU TIME. It’s a must and even if you feel all the guilt in the world (like I do, especially because I work all day, then on top of that need some “me time”), it’s so important for our mental health and well being. Plus, if I’ve learned anything it’s that honestly, even if feel guilty taking some me time, it’s necessary and I come back a better Mom because I filled “my cup” back up. Ya know what I mean?
So I thought I’d share a few ways that I like to sneak off for some Mama time each day. Now this isn’t the things I do to get out of the house (because that happens to), but these are ways I give myself a second to breathe throughout the day because honestly, it’s crucial for me. And most of them you Moms will probably relate to….
- Bath time – I’ve shared it before and I’ll say it again, my night time baths are MY THING. Literally, door gets shut, Blake is in bed and I chill out to myself for like 20 minutes, it’s the best thing ever.
- “Mom time” – As I like to call it, on the days when Marcus comes home before Blake goes to sleep (which during the school year is rare), I sneak away for a few minutes just upstairs. Whether it’s to my room or baby boy’s nursery, just anywhere for a 5 minute breather and most likely a snack…I’ll be honest though, most times this one is ended because Blake finds me….hahah
- Watering – Right now since it’s summer, Blake loves to play outside. So it’s really nice to get out in the fresh air and water the plants while she plays around the yard. We’re still there together, but typically we are doing our own thing for a few minutes and it’s just nice to have fresh air.
- Snack break – Moms, TREAT YO SELF. And that doesn’t mean you have to chow down a bunch of junk food (though, you do you, who am I to judge?) But I’ve shared before FAGE yogurt is seriously delicious. Throw some fruit in there or eat their Split cups + either way it’s delicious! So this is a go to treat that I like. Plus, I usually buy plenty at a time so if Blake “needs” some of mine, I can just get her, her own. 😉 Because what is it with kids wanting whatever you’re eating but having zero interest in their own dang food?
- Mornings – If I know it’s going to be a long day with a lot to do or M working late, I typically will try and go to bed early the night before so I can get up an hour or so before Blake does. It’s just nice to start the day with quiet time, a fresh start and crossing things off your to do list, ya know? In fact, I’d love to do this even more but pregnancy is currently kicking my butt and I live for sleep. 😉 HA!
Now, I’m intrigued to know what sort of things you guys do for you? HA! I love learning new things, just everyday things. Not like the big treats monthly because I do that too, but just things that get you through each day, especially the hard ones!
I mentioned this as one of my little go to “snacks” so I figured I would cover it a little more in depth, just because it’s a staple in our house and if you’ve been following me for a while you know we LOVE it and have eaten it for a while. I typically keep a big container of the FAGE Total Plain in the fridge and then a few Split cups to grab easily for on the go, etc. Also Blake loves those the best so they seem to disappear the fastest. 😉 The split cups come in a variety of flavors, but our favorites are for sure Strawberry, peach, blood orange + mango! Then for the FAGE Total plain, I love it just by itself honestly, but typically will add a fruit and granola to it to spice it up.
FAGE Total Plain Greek Yogurt has no added sugar and is made with only milk and live active cultures. It’s protein rich and seriously so yummy and by far our favorite. The split cups have 30% less sugar and both are non GMO project verified. So you’re really getting great product either way, that tastes delicious!