This post may contain affiliate links.
I’ve been trying out some new makeup products for y’all the last couple of months and perfecting a “back to school” routine, that literally takes all of 5-6 minutes. I’m trying to prepare myself for a newborn, Blake going back to school and well, the chaos of back to school. Because you Mamas know what I’m talking about – our “getting ready” and well, anything, takes the backseat. 😉 HA!
Well, I figured it out guys + I’ve got it down – this morning I timed myself with it and it took 5 minutes and 33 seconds, literally timed it 😉 We can handle five minutes – I can set an alarm to get up 5 minutes before the kids…I hope. Maybe.
Here are the products you’ll need and then I’ll break everything down routine wise under that.
- Tinted Moisturizer (I wear the color “fair”)
- Under Eye Concealer
- Perfecting Powder
- Contour Kit
- Cream Stay Shadow Stick
- Lash Lengthening Mascara
- Contour Highlight Brush
Okay, now let’s talk the routine because obviously that’s a huge part of this taking five minutes.
- A big part of this routine working is having a fresh, clean face when you wake up. So I make sure to do this every night before bed. Then when I get up, I splash some warm water on my face, do a quick moisturizer and then dive into makeup.
- Obviously, the first thing I put on my face is the tinted moisturizer – I use my hands to do this and a little goes a long way. I put it all over my face and neck!
- Then I jump into the under eye concealer and use this to you know – knock out those under eye bags… ha! You don’t need much for this either and again, I use my fingers and if I have a zit I typically will throw a little of this on top of that just to save time.
- After this, I use a sponge and press in the perfecting powder just to set all of that in.
- Then I contour (and this doesn’t have to take a long time). I quickly contour my jaw line, sides of my nose and then hit my cheeks with more of a “bronzer” technique, all using the contour highlight brush.
- Then I throw on a little eye shadow (this shadow sticks are AMAZING) and they literally take all of 10 seconds to do. I blend it in with my fingers and ta-da, done!
- Finally, I finish my eyes off with mascara, throw on some lipstick and we’re ready to roll out the door! Typically with a top knot in my hair or a hat on 😉
My favorite colors of their lipstick are:
Dune, Bella, It Girl, Uptown, Knockout and Confetti.
As far as other Glo Skin Beauty products that I love – I’ve really fallen for their Soothing Gel Mask and I’ve been doing that about once a week at night, when I have an extra five minutes or so which is rare 😉
Well, good luck this back to school time Mamas! We got this!!! Don’t forget to take a few minutes for you, we definitely deserve it.