This post may contain affiliate links.
GUYS, well I’ve been trying to be on top of my sh*t lately and have things like somewhat in order before this baby gets here. Honestly – I’m somewhat impressed with myself in some areas, like a clean house, but horrified with myself in other areas – like actually being prepared. Because let’s be honest, the last time I checked, a newborn didn’t care if your kitchen cabinets were organized and cleaned….so there’s that. They did however care if you had your breast pump out of the box + clothes picked out for them to wear home from the hospital. EVERYTHING IS FINE.
Anyways, since this is well kind of important, for the rest of the family anyways, I’ve been really trying hard to get together freezer meals, like at least two weeks worth, just easy, grab, throw in the oven meals – but ones we will actually eat. So I thought I’d link you to some of my favorite freezer meals (or meals you can make and freeze) that I’ve used and found via Pinterest and family. So let’s do that. I’m also linking the freezer containers I use below all of that, they’re just from Amazon and awesome!
FAV FREEZER MEALS:
- Mac + Cheese (this is my recipe and you can totally freeze it – just cook the noodles and nothing else!)
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Baked Ziti
- RAGU casserole
- Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Dump Chicken
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Chicken Noodle Soup (cook as normal, then freeze in a container or bag – I prefer container)
- Chicken Barley Soup (cook as normal, then freeze in a container or bag – I prefer container)
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Pre-made Homemade Pizza (make as normal, wrap in plastic, freeze)
- Chicken Alfredo
- Pancakes (I use kodiak cakes, pre-make, then freeze in bag)
FREEZER MEAL CONTAINERS + BAGS:
Another great option, besides just freezer meals is gift cards. I went out and grabbed a few gift cards yesterday at Target for quick lunches, dinners, etc. things that are just ready to go. Honestly, we probably could have just used our credit card, it’s coming from the same account, but I figured then it’s already paid for, ready to go and I’m not worried about budgeting while in the middle of the newborn fog.