This post may contain affiliate links.
When I asked you guys what other posts, etc. y’all wanted up for the holidays – this was one of the most requested ones. Which I’m not going to lie, it really surprised me, but I kind of love that y’all asked! So let me share some of the traditions we do around here, honestly it’s nothing crazy but they’re simple and we love them. I’m also always looking to add new traditions, so share yours below in the comments please, then we can all grab ideas off of each other!
- Wrapping traditions: So when it comes to wrapping presents, both Marcus and I actually grew up with Santa presents always being “unwrapped” – but we gave Blake the option (AKA we said, we need to write Santa a letter and tell him if you want your presents from him wrapped or unwrapped, hahah) and she really wanted them wrapped so we rolled with that a couple of years ago. But we wrap the Santa ones in “Santa paper” and the rest in just Christmas paper! Then we leave one present unwrapped and this is their “big” present from us.
- Christmas Eve: Honestly, I’m not sure how long this one will last, hahaha. But for now – on Christmas Eve, we let Blake have a sleepover in our room!
- Present tradition: So this is actually something that my parents (or I mean Santa) did for me and my siblings growing up and I just really loved it, so I kept it. Santa brings a stuffed animal for each kiddo and leaves it on their bed during the night. So like this year, Blake is getting a little unicorn slumberkin + Nash is getting a little rattle bunny stuffed animal. I love this and seriously seeing Blake so excited when she sees it on the bed is the best thing ever.
- December tradition: So during the month of December this kind of just turned into a tradition – but we always find a day to go ice skating together + to walk through a local park that is covered in Christmas lights.
- Christmas PJs: We always getting matching PJs as a family to wear Christmas night (or like all December if you’re Blake – hahah)
- Christmas Eve Dinner: So Marcus’ family growing up always went to Jack in the Box for Christmas Eve dinner, so we kind of kept this tradition – but changed it a little. HA – we do Olive Garden 😉 Because breadsticks people, breadsticks.
That’s really all of the traditions I can think of that we do…I don’t know – honestly, I might be forgetting something because I’m freaking tired + running on little to no sleep. But throw yours in the comments below!!