This post may contain affiliate links.
This has been probably the most requested post as part of my organization series. I think it’s just one of those areas that’s honestly one, hard to keep organized and two, hard to organize in the first place where it’s actually functional. SO know this going into it – it’s not perfect looking. I’ll be honest, I actually get super frustrated when I see organization pictures where they have their soda cans and water bottles lined up perfectly and all of their granola bars on display. BECAUSE YOU GUYS THAT IS NOT REAL LIFE. NOOOOO. Anyone with kids especially knows that the minute they go in there it’s going to get destroyed. SO that’s why I am such a freak and literally passionate about organization that is actually functional. I’m also not going to show you something that realistically would never be perfect, in a perfect state. Like my make up set up.
SO here’s what it currently looks like and then I’ll break it down for you and link everything underneath:
- Brushes: I found this little brush holder at Target a couple of years ago and loved it because it has different levels, meaning I can see all of my brushes and it’s functional you guys 😉
- Extra make up: I keep this in the back of my bathroom cabinet mainly because I don’t need to see these items but then they have a place. And when I start running low on something I can pull it out, grab what I need and then put it back.
- Everyday make up: I have a bag for this, it’s the best bag – again from Target – and I swear by this method. I can pull it out, do my make up each day and then put it back nicely in the drawer and guess what, it’s not see-through so ain’t nobody gotta know how crazy it looks inside.
- Hair supplies: I keep these just in this little container, I have the stuff in the front that I use the most so I am not digging around for it and this way they’re all compact together in a spot, but readily available to use. I keep extra supplies in the closet in our bathroom in a Sterilite container.
- Skincare: Again: a little container coming in handy! I put it all nicely in that where I can see everything, grab it when I need it and ta-da!
- Blow dryer + hair tools: I found these little drawer things at Target (surprise surprise) and if I am honest, I hate the color of them (they have more colors online though!!), BUT I love them because of their functionality. SO I deal with the color. I have a bigger one for the bottom for my blow dryer and then a smaller one that stacks on top to hold my hair tools.